Finland’s world-leading higher education system offers English-taught bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes in 14 universities and 23 universities of applied sciences. Finnish higher education institutions offer over 400 different study programmes and have over 20 000 international students studying in several locations around Finland.

All universities and universities of applied sciences have scholarship opportunities for international students.

Stunning natural beauty and laid-back cities, a strong focus on research and innovation, a good selection of world-class universities and a commitment to offering higher education free of charge… It’s easy to see why many international students choose to study in Finland.

Get ready for all the important information you need to make a decision about the study abroad in Finland! Click on the tabs below to find out about the world-class universities & colleges for Diploma, undergraduate & postgraduate programs in Finland and practical information on applications, admissions, fees, scholarships, visas, local life and more.


You can apply for most of the Bachelor’s level studies conducted in English in a joint application to higher education.


A total of 23 Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences have taken part in a wide-ranging international survey on how satisfied international degree students


The Finnish education system has no dead-ends. Learners can always continue their studies on a higher level of education


Step by Step Guide to Apply Finland



Bangladeshi student required to pay tuition fees for bachelor’s and master’s level programmes which are taught in English.


Finnish universities offer a range of scholarship options for international students.


You have two main options when searching for accommodation: established student housing foundations and the private market.


In addition to some useful extra cash, having a part-time job can be a good way of gaining valuable work experience and networks alongside your studies.


Bringing Spouse Photo and Content Need


A technology-driven western market economy, Finland boasts an extremely high quality of life, with considerable (and reasonably equally shared) wealth.

This is FINLAND under Language, you’ll find a selection of articles about Finnish, as well as Swedish, Finland’s other official language. We also feature info about the Sámi, the indigenous people of northern Finland, and their language. You can also visit:

University of Helsinki Language Centre

Aalto Open Learning: Introductory Finnish (Self-Study)

Finnish Grammar by Kimberli Mäkäräinen

Jukka Korpela’s homepage

Institute for the Languages of Finland

Finnish Broadcasting Company’s News in Plain Finnish

The Centre for International Mobility publishes a list of places to study Finnish abroad.

Yes, ⇒ Student studying in programmes taught in Finnish or Swedish are not required to pay fees irrespective of their nationality.

Fees will be charged from students from outside the EU or European Economic Area (EEA) studying towards bachelor or master level degrees in languages other than Finnish or Swedish at universities of applied sciences (UAS) and universities.

Yes ⇒ Your registration status does not exempt you from paying tuition fees

Students who apply for a new course or programme that starts on 1 Jan 2017 or later are required to pay tuition fees for that programme. If you are currently a student in a programme, you may finish the programme without having to pay tuition fees.

Yes, ⇒ You are not required to pay tuition fees.

Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences make the decision whether you are required to pay fees or not based only on the Finnish Immigration Service’s residence permit decision, which is checked from the copy of your residence permit card attached to your application documents.

If you have applied for residence permit but have not received the decision by the date when the tuition fee is due, you will have to pay the fee.

Yes, ⇒ It is likely that you are required to pay tuition fees.

In order to start your studies, you need to apply for a temporary residence permit (type B). You can apply for a residence permit after receiving your study offer. If you are granted a residence permit type B, you are required to pay tuition fees.

Visit the Ministry for Foreign Affairs website to find out whether you need a visa. Visa applications can be made to your nearest Finnish Embassy.

 Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Finnish Embassies

The Finnish Immigration Service provides extensive info on visas, residence permits, and other immigration issues.

Our article “How about getting a job in Finland?” will start you off with basic information and links. The Ministry of Employment and the Economy website is useful, with a booklet (available for download) entitled Working in Finland. So is Expat Finland with its sections on moving to Finland, living in Finland and employment in Finland. Info Bank contains important info in 15 languages for immigrants about Finnish society.


Open chat
Hello 👋
Can we help you?